Erase background does not erase lines

Hi Dorico team!

When activating the Erase Background property of any object with an erasable background, custom lines do not get their portions that’s intersecting the object in question erased. Is there any logical reason for this behaviour or is this planned to be fixed in any future update?

All the best!

1 Like

Items that erase background only erase staff lines and barlines, which is by design. If you want to blank out the middle of a line, perhaps you can add an annotation to the line itself.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’m not sure what you refer to when you say annotation, but I managed to cut a hole in the line by placing a system text object with white background at the desired area of erasure, which I guess will do in the future. :slight_smile:

I’d like for Erase Background to erase rests and time signatures so that I can overlay text.

Is this text or a line or what? If it’s just text, set the background to white and it’ll erase this stuff just fine.
Oct-06-2021 00-40-34

(You’ll need to print/export in colour, though, given mono can’t deal with the nuance of transparency/opacity.)

beautiful! Thanks so much.