Eric Whitacre playback template in Dorico

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get the Eric Whitacre Dorico playback template to work? I am unable to put links in but I assume it is an official site? It is on blog dorico website. It is first link if you put in Dorico and Eric Whitacre in to google.

When I unzip I can’t seem to find a dorico.pt file - I may be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Have you watched John’s Discover Dorico on the Choir here?
The Show More tab (on YouTube) shows a table of contents for the video so you can hone in on areas that interest you.

No I haven’t. Thanks, I will check it out.

All the best.

Unfortunately this did not help as it does not go through the installation.

The problem I have in when I extract the folder - I cannot find any Eric Whitacre Choir.dorico_pt file.

I’m sure I am doing something wrong.

Hi Andrew - no probs with downloading to my Mac and PC today. In both cases the file un-zipped and there was the pt file plus a descriptive pdf. All worked fine. I’m using Dorico Pro.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. Well that’s good news at least, in that it is clearly something I am doing wrong. I tried on a different PC and still could not find a pt file.

This is what I see inside the Eric Whitacre folder:

None of these folders contain a PT file.

I extracted the BBCSO Pro one successfully. When I do a full search on my PC for example for dorico_pt files the BBCSO Pro one is the only one that comes back.

I wondering if I am extracting it wrong. I’m using the built in windows tools for unzipping?

Hi Andrew, I’ve just downloaded the file, Eric-Whitacre-Choir-template-for-Dorico.zip, from the Dorico blog link. On my Win 10 PC, after unzipping it, there is a file called Eric Whitacre Choir.dorico_pt.zip It is this file which you drop onto the Hub - you don’t unzip it further.

Give it a try - fingers crossed!

Brilliant Rob - you are wonderful thank you so much - it worked :grinning:

I probably tried everything but that!!!

Thanks again

Great Andrew, glad it worked. Maybe the folks writing the Blog should give more comprehensive installation instructions…(hint - Dorco staff…)