"Error 126" when trying to run Cubase 6 64 bit

I am having a very frustrating issue with Cubase 6 64 bit that is preventing the program from loading. There is a story behind the problem, so I will explain it in hopes that it will help resolve it.

I used to run cubase 6 64 bit on a windows 7 desktop without any problems. Then I bought myself a windows 7 64 bit laptop, and installed Cubase 6 64 bit successfully. The program ran fine, and right afterwards I installed Komplete 8. After running some of the synths, however, I would occasionally experience a blue screen of death computer crash when closing them. Over the course of a week or two, I experienced the blue screen of death 4-5 times, always when closing cubase or one of the NI synths. It pointed to a graphics driver problem, so I went to my computer manufacturers website and sucked down all of the driver updates avaliable. I found the right one, but in the process of downloading all fo them I believe that I downloaded some faulty audio drivers, because I kept getting error messages regarding audio driver problems on startup. Then when I tried to load Cubase, it crashed while loading and gave the error message “LoadLibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found.” I googled it and found out that this is probably some sort of registry problem.The standalone versions of my NI synths all still ran fine. Very frustrated and convinced that I had mucked up my computer with some of the sketch driver installations, I did a system restore. Now here comes my current problem.

I reloaded windows 7 successfully, went through all the windows updates, and updated the problem graphics driver successfully (I know that this was the out of date one causing the blue screen of death, but its a really long story, so im just going to let you take my word for it). I also decided to bring over my saffire 6 usb 2.0 audio interface from my desktop to replace my crappy onboard audio card, in case that was causing the problem, because it is rock solid dependable and really easy to make sure all the drivers are up to date. Then I installed cubase 6 64 bit once again, but when I tried to run it it crashed on the little pop up loading screen and gave the same message. “LoadLibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found.” If it is of any importance, this is when the loading screen says it is initializing the video player. I did a bunch of manual troubleshooting, tried reinstalling, checked all the important drivers to see if they were updated, and checked windows updates. All the drivers were set, but there were some windows updates pertaining to windows 7 64 bit so I downloaded them, restarted, uninstalled, and reinstalled, tried all the previous while using the onboard soundcard instead of the saffire 6 usb. Still no cigar, same problem. Then, feeling clever, I tried installing the 32 bit version, and it worked fine. I uninstalled that, tried the 64 bit version again, and it still gives the same error. What should I do?

I guess I could just only use the 32 bit version, but I would rather use the 64.

In case it helps, here are some computer specs. If there are any more you want to know, tell me.
It is an Acer Aspire 7750G-6662 running windows 7 64 bit
Intel-Core i5-2430M
AMD Radeon HD 6650M
I can’t find the name of the audio card anywhere but its some “Realtek HD audio” thing, ill try to find it now.
The external audio card is the focusrite saffire 6 usb 2.0

Try to rollback to an older graphics driver, if the current problem goes away but the blue screens reappear you should contact steinberg support. Otherwise, go with the old drivers until a new version is released.

/A