Error exporting audio in latest dorico update

Hi,

I have an issue with any Dorico project where everytime I try to export the audio it displays this message “Error exporting audio” . I am using Halion Sonic SE for every instrument. Please help!!!

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Please choose from Dorico’s main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. That creates silently a zip file on your desktop, please attach it here. From that we get a better insight and then can give advice. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (647 KB)
Here are my diagnostics sorry for late reply

Some files I can export (newer ones) but older ones I cant

You might try choosing Play > Playback Template and reapplying the default playback template to see if that helps.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with this problem, but I occasionally have errors that seem to be related to the setting of the output folder. I can’t say exactly what sequence leads to this problem, but the error message isn’t very helpful.

If that error happens again with you, please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report, which creates silently a zip file on your desktop. Then please attach that here. Thanks

Hello Ulf. As I have the same problem as chiaraminotto and cparmerlee I also send you a diagnostic report. Thank you for your help.

clario
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (402 KB)

Hm, there is a failure when trying to create the audio file.
The file name is:
C:/Users/popart/Desktop/CLARINETTE/ENSEMBLE DE CLARINETTES/Duos, trios, quatuors, quintette clarinettes/Pour ECO pdf ensembles chambre/Quatuors/It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas 3sib+bass/Blocs à partir de It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas/It’s beginning to look like christmas - It’s Beginning To Look Like Christmas.wav

which is 359 characters. I don’t know if we have a limit in the path length, but try to export to a different location where the path is shorter. Does it work then?

1 Like

Yeees! It works. Thank you very much Ulf.

Good to hear. I’ve checked our code and on Windows the maximum length is 260 characters for a path, so please stay within that range. We will also put a check in Dorico, so that it warns you upfront, if you exceeded that number.

Hi everybody, had the same issue. Fixed by using a folder on a higher level.