EuCon Avid Dock, S1 - The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

Hi!
This is a call from Vienna.
In none of the manuals regarding to EuCon, EuControl, Cubase, Avid Dock, Avid S1 i can find a hint to “The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded”.

But using Eucon with Cubase i get the errormessage
Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

Is the amount of hardware channels a fixed size?
If yes,
why there is no hint in the manual about the maximum number?
Is this an issue of Avid or Steinberg?

If no,
Is this an issue of Avid or Steinberg?
does somebody know, if there is an dependancy for the maximum number or how to influence the number.
I’ve read about
*) old iPad
*) speed of WLAN
Both ideas seems not logic to me, because the errormessage is about the number of hardware channels and not logical channels.

Today’s session are easy more then 100 logical channels, so I can’t believe that there is such a low limit like 30-40 channels without communcation in the manuals.

My Interfaces (interconnected via AVB-switch and connected over usb)
Motu 1248 - 4Mic, 2 HiZ, 8 LineIn, 12 LineOut
Motu 24AI - 24 Line In
Motu 24AO - 24 Line Out
Motu B16 - 16 Mic, 8 Line Out
Motu B16 - 16 Mic, 8 Line Out

Of this channels are 64 assigned to Cubase Pro 10

Remotes
Avid S1, Avid Dock

Txs for help
Heinz

Hi,

This is an English forum, please…

Do you use Cubase Pro or other Cubase edition? In Cubase Pro, you have unlimited count of any channel type. In other editions, it’s limited.

I don’t know, if there is any limitation on EuCon side, but I haven’t heard about it until now.

Hi Martin!
Txs to your hint that this is an english forum.
Seems that I was confused :slight_smile:
I translate it.
Heinz

Hi,

Oh, sorry, I probably overlooked the last sentence, where did you say you are using Cubase Pro.

And I was wrong, sorry. There is a limit of physical inputs & outputs. For Cubase Pro, it’s 256. See Cubase Compare Editions, please.

Hi, this is a bug that is since 2016 regularily reported to both Avid and Steinberg. It still persists with Cubase 11. The ball lies between the two parties and none of them are ready to really solve it, obviously.