experience with MR816+ADAT

Hey all;

I’ve been very happy with my MR816X, and am looking to expand my system to allow for 16 possible inputs by using the ADAT connection.

I’m looking at the Behringer ADA8000 - basically for instruments in the mix that could be considered “secondary.”

Ex.
MR816:
-kick
-snare
-overhead left
-overhead right
-bass
-floor tom
-rack tom 1
-rack tom 2

ADA8000:
-scratch vocal
-scratch guitar1
-scratch guitar2
-any other “extra” drum tracks

This ensures that I use the better preamps for the more important sources. When I overdub my “keeper” guitars and vocals, I’d make sure to run those through the MR816.

What I’m hoping for, though, is to be able to provide direct monitoring to the singer and guitar player and be able to record their parts as they perform them by using the ADA8000 with the ADAT connection to the MR816.

I’ve read many complaints about daisy-chaining MORE than one other device by ADAT, but want to know if my expectations are reasonable for a single device by ADAT. (I generally record at 44.1khz anyways, so should be able to make use of all 8 ADAT channels, right?)

Thanks!

Chris

What I’m hoping for, though, is to be able to provide direct monitoring to the singer and guitar player and be able to record their parts as they perform them by using the ADA8000 with the ADAT connection to the MR816.

I’ve read many complaints about daisy-chaining MORE than one other device by ADAT, but want to know if my expectations are reasonable for a single device by ADAT. (I generally record at 44.1khz anyways, so should be able to make use of all 8 ADAT channels, right?)

Hi,
yes you can monitor with no latency Via Adat.

Ah, good news! Thanks!

No caveats?

Chris

No caveats?

not that i know ! :wink:

the “no direct monitoring” issue comes when u daisy chain 2 or more mr816 units via firewire.
all 16 channels 8 analog+8 Digital can direct monitor from mr816.

Awesome! Thanks, mozizo!

Chris