Expired Licenses !?

Why did the license expire on Cubase AI?

I downloaded the latest eLicenser and tried to transfer the License for the Basic FX Suite to another computer and all I’m getting is the run-around from the eLicenser and MySteinberg site reactivation. It says it’s deprecated! What did I buy here!?

Bump…

I’ve calmed down somewhat. Why do I need to restrict the plugins to one computer? The software eLicenser seems to be deficient through the fact that one computer must be used for the plugins with that process. Can I transfer the license for the Basic FX Suite to an iLok so I can use the UR824 on different PCs along with the plugs?

Bump…

Can I transfer the Basic FX Suite license from a soft license to a USB stick?

Steinberg - Can I transfer the Basic FX Suite license from a soft license to a USB stick?

Basically, the answer is “yes”:
Any license, that can be stored in a Soft-eLicneser, can be transferred to a USB-eLicenser.
But all licenses that are stored in a USB-eLicenser can only stay on USB-eLicensers, i.e. they cannot be transferred back to a Soft-eLicenser.

So, once you moved your license to a USB-eLicenser, this process is not reversible.
Most users do not need to transfer their license back from a USB-eLicenser to a Soft-eLicenser, but you should know about this restriction in advance.

Best,
Dirk