Instead of exploding to staves in chronological order, the user could create presets to copy notes in non-chronological order.
Example 1 of an explosion preset
- staff 1 explodes to Flute
- staff 3 explodes to Oboe voice 1
- staff 3 explodes to Oboe voice 2 but an octave below
- staff 2 explodes to Clarinet
Example 2 of an explosion preset
- staff 1 explodes to Violin I
- staff 2 explodes to Violin II
- staff 1 explodes to Flute but an octave above
- staff 3 explodes to Viola
Examples in the book by Samuel Adler “The Study Of Orchestration” p. 253 - 255
In his book this structure is referred to as voicing or spacing. The user-generated presets should be accessible with keyboard shortcuts.