Export montage with CD text and ISRC as individual 320kbps MP3s?

Hello,

Is there a way to export a Wavelab 7 montage that has CD text and ISRC as individual 320kbps MP3s that retain the CD text and ISRC codes for each song?

Thank you,
Steve

Besides opening the Wavelab 7 montage in Wavelab 8 or 9 and exporting there, no I don’t think so. You’ve only got ID3v1 in Wavelab 7, so doing it in Wavelab 7 you’re not going to get the ISRC field. Or the CD Text Title or Performer. Just the file name as metadata Title I think. You need ID3v2 and ISRC and CD Text mapping in Wavelab 8 or 9 to do what you want.

Thank you bob99 for the in depth information.

I will consider upgrading to WaveLab 9 in the future. I am a bit hesitant because this feature is only needed for this one project. The other thing is that WaveLab 7 won’t import a DDP file it just made. WaveLab 7 says it is not a valid DDP image. Meanwhile, HOFA DDP Player opens and plays it no problem. I’ve sent countless WaveLab 7 DDP images to CD manufacturers and haven’t had a problem.

Can you let me know how to make WaveLab 7 open or import a DDP image folder it just created - or is this a problem that has since been corrected?

Thank you again for the info!
Steve

WaveLab 9.5 can import the DDP it creates. For WaveLab 7, this is too far in my memory…

I don’t know if importing DDP’s was ever a common problem on Wavelab 7. Can’t recall anything like that. Using Wavelab 7.2.1 32 bit on Windows 10-64 here, DDPs import fine after making them, both with the “Import Result as New Audio Montage” button available on the Generating DDP Files window, and using the File/Import/Audio DDP Image menu.

Are you using the latest version 7.2.1 ?
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_wavelab_7&L=1

There’s also a Wavelab 7 compatibility patch there for Windows 8-64 that someone needed to install on Win 10-64 to get something working on Windows 10-64, but I can’t remember what the problem was that it fixed. But it might help you if you’re using Wavelab 7 on Win 8-64 or Win10-64.

Thank you Bob99! My Wavelab version is 7.0 - that may be why I am getting Wavelab’s error " not a Valid DDP image" upon re-import. An thank you for also including the link to download the latest version of 7! I will try that when I get a chance. All the best, Steve