Export Multiple Midi Tracks Separately to Audio

If it’s complicated to rework your excising projects, you can always export the tracks one by one. Just mute all the MIDI tracks, except the one you want to export your Master output. Then do the same with the next, and so on. Just remember to set the left locator to Zero.

It may take a little time, but still be faster than figuring out how to rework your projects.

Hi. Svenne. I’ll use the new method with new projects.
Thx. Jeff

Hi Guys. The issue I’m not sure how resolve is this. I use EAST/west Play a lot. So when I use an instrument track I choose Play. But every time I use an instrument track and want to use Play it opens a whole new instance of Play. Is there a way I can route 16 instrument tracks to one instance of Play?

Thx. Jeff

That depends on which version of Cubase you are using. Up to v7.0.X you had to use MIDI tracks and Rack instruments. This changed in v7.5 though. Now, it’s possible to send multiple MIDI tracks to a multitimbral instrument in an Instrument track. Please refer to page 21 in the “New Features” pdf for Cubase v7.5.

When I did a Channel Batch Export today, I noticed an anomaly that I hadn’t noticed before. When I export a mono audio file (or a mono output from a VSTi), it is exported as a stereo file! I had to resort make two export runs. One for everything stereo and one for everything mono. With the “Mono Mixdown” box unchecked for the former and checked for the latter.

Is this a bug or a design flaw (or am I missing something obvious). Shouldn’t the track-count of the exported files follow the “track-counts” for the channels in the MixConsole. i.e. Mono channels export as mono audio files, stereo channels export as stereo audio files, etc.

Remember that the whole point with the Channel Batch Export is to output “stems” that can be imported in other DAWs (Cubasis in my case). Why on earth would a want to output mono channels as stereo audio files. This makes no sense.

Anyone else got a take on this?

Yes when you do a batch export you have only one choice mono or stereo, so your files are all mono or all stereo. And for your midi tracks projects when you want move to instruments track project just export your midi files and import them in your new project with preference setup as : import midi files with instruments tracks.

This is unfortunate. Let’s hope that Steinberg fixes this issue. Why, on earth, would I want to have a mono track turned into a stereo audio file. This makes no sense.

This option is seldom possible. Simply because different DAW installations usually are equipped with different sets of VSTi’s. This is especially true when, as in my case, I need to transfer tracks between Cubase and Cubasis. The only “safe” method is using Wav audio files.

Yes you can do this. In play, you have to go to Browser, go to the left panel where it says “MIDI channel,” “output,” and Instrument." Then set each instrument you want to a separate MIDI channel. Then add MIDI tracks to your arrangement window. Then, in the inspector panel of each MIDI track, you have to set the “output routing,” to your instance of PLAY. Then below that, you have to set the channel to the corresponding instrument :slight_smile:

If you’re using Kontakt, you can go to the output tab > “Batch functions > Clear Output Section and Create one Individual channel for each loaded instrument”

then in Cubase, you have to go to your instrument’s inspector panel, and click “Activate All Outputs”

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/643179-exporting-midi-notes-seperate-audio-tracks-cubase.html

Hi Guys. A local user of Cubase told me the solution. Basically I had to activate outputs for each instance of Play or whatever vst I’m using. The activate all outputs button is located on the Instruments panel. You’ll find a tiny arrow to click on openining a new window.
Thanks for the help.
Jeff