Export multiple mixes in the export queue

Hello. I have some doubts.

1. I’m finishing an album by an artist and I want to put different mixes in the export queue, eg. Full Cover, Instrumental, Instrumental with backing vocals, blah blah blah.
    All the mixes have the same output (Stereo Output), but when I queue up the different mixes, with different names and different muted tracks, I have the same audio in all of them.
    I don’t think it’s that difficult to be able to do something so basic, but I’m not being able to do it.

2. I would also like to be able to export tracks or groups of tracks in the same way (export queue), but I cannot export “folders” containing various types of files (audio, instrument).
    What I would like to do is to be able to put in only some track (audio, folder or midi / instrument) and export what is heard through the stereo output (with all the processes)

Somebody could help me?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I’m afraid, this is misunderstanding of the Export queue. The jobs differ by the Export settings only. It doesn’t store the current project state (at the moment, when you create the job) and it doesn’t export the state of that time. It does export the only one project state, at the time you trigger the export. With different export settings.

Hi
Oohh, I was excited that I could do it. I hope Steinberg incorporates these “scenes” so that they can be queued in the next update.
It would be of great use to me and I would love Cubase even more.

Thanks

El El dom, 14 mar. 2021 a la(s) 08:28, Martin.Jirsak via Steinberg Forums <steinberg@discoursemail.com> escribió:

1 Like

As an alternative you could simply duplicate the complete song content as many times as you need. Then just mute the events like i.e. all vocals for the instrumental version etc.

On using cycles on a marker track you can export all versions (cycles are possible to be exported) in one go.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it would be a bit extreme to copy the whole project to make each mix, instead of copying everything I export the different mixes each time.
I’m going to try the cycles in the marker track, maybe it could work.

Thanks a lot!

Cycle export is great. I often do album mixes with lot of shared tracks in a single project and can export the individual songs in a single process. Saves a lot of time & hassle (… and also brings some new like huge amounts of automation lanes when the project is complex :sweat_smile:).

Ya, this is how I do it, marQs. I’ve complained before tho… if the fx tails haven’t decayed fully, they’ll appear in the beginning of your next export. Hopefully they come up with a way to purge fx.

I agree with the OP tho… queuing alt mixes would be a great feature.
D