export to audio fails

Greetings!
I’ve tried to export audio to .mp3 and .wav, in various configurations, and using the workaround described by Ulf earlier. Still, total silence. Using Dorico 2.2.10 on a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 64-bit. Is there any hope that this will eventually work?
Thanks for your time and attention…
-Andy

Welcome to the forum, Andy. You presumably do get playback when you hit Space? It’s just when exporting audio that you get silence?

Yes, that’s correct. I actually opened the audio in an editing program to make sure the silence was not because of something external, but, indeed, silence throughout. Tried .mp3 and .wav options.

FYI, Playback works, but Dorico will temporarily go silent if I try to switch output to headphones and back, and will not play through the headphone jack at all. Not so with other software sound sources.

[ I recently played the demo of a piece directly from Dorico with people standing close by, since the audio couldn’t get out any other way than direct playback through the onboard computer speaker. It came off well, other than being quiet…]

Would you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report from Dorico’s main menu. That will create a zip file on your desktop, please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks

Regarding the audio export failing, this was actually because in the full score layout (in setup mode) the player was not ticked in the players panel.

This is very confusing and a result of conflicting requirements in different feature areas. We hope to improve this in the future.