Export to video

+1

Yeah… It’s really time consuming to have to import into another program and merge. Quicktime Pro does it, Final Cut, Imovie etc.
I just downloaded an older version of Cubase just for replacing audio in video.
Hopefully they’ll include it in the next update - it’s pretty major for working with sync

+1

“Video Render” in Nuendo 10 Teaser!!!

We hope to have this feature also in Cubase !!!

Please please please!!!

v8 had it, I used the feature really often, but it exported a WAV into the video, so many portable devices (phones, tablets etc) couldn’t deal with it. Steinberg please, bring back export to video, and now with AAC!!

v8 had it, I used the feature really often, but it exported a WAV into the video, so many portable devices (phones, tablets etc) couldn’t deal with it. Steinberg please, bring back export to video, and now with AAC!!

We not only need “replace audio in video file”, as the old Cubase version allows, but also “Render video file” with the audio produced in the DAW! :wink:

Oh, yes!!! Why is this still a thing?

This function will be integrated only in Nuendo 10 (and in a future update)…

Sigh!

thanks for posting…

Wonder how this affects even the ‘Replace Audio in Video’ functionality, that ‘went missing’ two years ago…!

:open_mouth:

This function will be integrated only in Nuendo 10 (and in a future update)…

Compare Nuendo and Cubase | Steinberg

Wow. Steinberg is really messing this up. Logic is available for $200, with essentially lifetime free updates, and they expect film composers to pay $1000 for Nuendo get what is basic functionality in almost very other major DAW? We don’t need surround mixing and virtual reality. We need export to video. Students need it. Up and coming composers need it. Mid-tier composers need it. Pro’s need it. Anyone who works with video needs it, big or small.

I guess they’re just abandoning the lower end market all together, or assume that us post production folks all make bank. I compose music for a Disney series, and can’t financially justify upgrading to Nuendo for video export alone. That says something. Really, really, really disappointing - especially since numerous posts by Steinberg reps and I think even a press release stand video export WOULD BE COMING TO CUBASE 9.

I simply can’t recommend Cubase any longer to new composers I meet. I may still need to use it, because I love it and am deeply embedded in it, but if I were starting from scratch…it’s simply not a sound financial choice anymore.

We don’t need surround mixing and virtual reality. We need export to video. Students need it. Up and coming composers need it. Mid-tier composers need it. Pro’s need it. Anyone who works with video needs it, big or small.

especially since numerous posts by Steinberg reps and I think even a press release stand video export WOULD BE COMING TO CUBASE 9.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

So … in the meantime, how do you do it?

Using PT :slight_smile:
That’s why I’m more interested in crossgrade offer from PT to PT Ultimate than C10 ->N10
So maybe some day I’ll make an Ulimate jump :slight_smile:

I prefer to stand on two legs (C10, PT) independently and treat them as complementary programs,
knowing about the pros and cons of both companies and their DAWs
but that’s my approach to the topic

+1, but also the ability to export the section between locators, just to be able to create short demo clips. Not asking for Cubase to morph into a full-featured video editor. For the complete project, at least in Cubase 10 I have import/export AAF to video editing.

Well, I consider that an answer. Nothing more! :laughing:

Vegas. Even the “Movie Studio” version for 40 bucks handles video and multiple audio tracks better than Cubase currently. In the full version of Vegas Pro Edit you get the advantage of AAF which is great with Cubase 10 (and the main use I have for C10 until they fix the horror show which is the new transport panel).

HA! That’s a workable workaround! Thanx! :sunglasses:
At the same time, Steinberg … :unamused:

For those looking for a free solution, Davinci Resolve free version actually contains a full featured video editor that is the most powerful free option I’ve seen on the market.

Has anyone got a response from someone in-house at Steinberg or a forum moderator confirming that this is not a marketing dept typo? That this is real life? I just can’t believe that they are going to expect us to upgrade to Nuendo just for video export. Or that they expect any potential new customers to shell out $560 for a DAW that won’t export a video. Why the $@#^ do I need the VR production suite and AAF support in Cubase if I can’t even export a simple video clip for my clients?