I´ve been testing Nuendo 7 and this weird thing happens. Audio playback sounds more bassy in Nuendo while on other applications (incluiding wavelab) it sounds with less bass response and more harsh.
Why? I feel I’m mixing with a blindfold. My EQ and reverbs sound VERY different in the exported song.
The following 2 tests lead me to believe there is something odd happening:
- Import a comercial song.
- Play it within Nuendo, sounds full, round and bassy. Quite nice actually. There is nothing on the track nor the master bus. Its an empty, new project.
- Play song with any other application within the same computer. Sounds less bassy and more harsh. But still, it sounds good.
- Export a section of the song, import it back into Nuendo and null test. Complete silence. Solo each track at a time, they sound exactly the same, no tone difference.
- Play exported clip outside Nuendo and compare it with original file. They sound the same.
From this I can only gather that Nuendo playback “sounds” different.
- Play the mix of a song. It sounds balanced and the bass response is powerful.
- Export the song (nothing on the master bus). Play it outside nuendo, sounds harsh and weak.
- Import the song to a new stereo track in perfect sync with the mix. Solo and play it, sounds exactly like the mix.
- Null test: play song along with mix. Invert phase on track that contains the song. Some slight sounds are noticeable, but nothing too exaggerated. However, its not a perfect null. (hmmm thats weird, but the out of phase sounds don´t justify the bass response fall when playing the mix outside nuendo)
So in this case, I EQd incorrectly because the song doesnt sound in Nuendo how its going to sound once its exported.
Im at a loss here. What could be happening?