Exported mixdowns out of sync?

Hi everyone. I want to produce in one project and record vocals in another to save on CPU and I’m trying to export mixdowns of separate tracks from a project and/or entire mixdowns of whole projects to be imported into other projects. When I do so and import them, the separate tracks are out of sync with eachother and a whole mixdown is out of sync with the grid.

In the attachment, the waveforms in both of those tracks should start exactly on bar 2, but they’re way off from the grid and miliseconds off from eachother (it takes zooming in super close to really see the second part).

I don’t have this problem importing separate instrument tracks from FL Studio, those are tight and exact, so clearly it’s something to do with the mixdown export. I had this same problem with Elements 8 and just did my best to work around it, but I want to find a real solution.

If it matters, I’m using Windows 10 with a Scarlett Solo. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Weird. I have done this in the past and not had a problem. I’ll try this again, meanwhile Martin or Steve or somebody equally competent might see this and figure out what is going on…

Select the event and check the snap point, make sure it’s at the start - has caught me out a few times when importing audio :wink:

Thanks, but everything is most assuredly all the way to the left.

I’m having this same issue and it’s driving me insane, everything is on snap to the grid perfectly, but when I bounce it it’s out of time, at the end of the audio that’s bounced is the start of the next piece of audio
D28C5E23-DB04-42F0-938C-2F7333441128.jpeg

I have a similar issue, the vocals seem to be late. The weirdest thing is that on mixdown the reverb is on time!! Therefore the reverb appears to running ahead of the vocals!!At a guess, I would say the reverb is up to 300 milliseconds early on one reverb plugin and about 150 on another. or vocals late, hard to say but they are way out of sync. It just started happening in this project. Cubase 11 Pro. I have tried different ASIO drivers, and bigger buffer size to no avail.

I have solved this. I had the vocals wired through a vocal mix bus, then the vocal mix bus wired to what I call the pre-master, and then the pre-master to the stereo out . For some reason, I had the reverb wired straight to the stereo out. So the reverb was on its own channel and the vocals were sent to it in the send section of the mixer. So in short the vocals passed through 2 buses and the reverb did not. The result is that it sounded perfect on playback but a complete mess of it on mixdown (which I would call a bug).

The solution was to ensure that the reverb was also sent to the vocals bus. It made no difference to the playback, but the mixdown is now identical. In fact, such was the mess made by Cubase on the mixdown before, that even the drums on its own single track which had nothing to do with the reverb were out of sync too, which was hugely noticeable when I played the mixdown at the same time as the other tracks, they too were a good 250ms out of sync.

So if you have syncing problems only on mixdown, have a look at the mixer routing section.