Expression Map - Key-Switch trigger sustain pedal CC64

Hi All
I’ve created a new Expression map for MODO Bass. Everything works fine. Now I added an additional Controller-Track for Sustain CC64 with two points. The first value is 127 and second value is set to 0 (see screenshot). If I start the playback, the Expression-map Keyswitches triggers the CC64 automatically after the second point is passed. In the Output section of the expression map, I’ve added only one Slot per Key-Switch with a note on status.

I also tried it with other Vst instruments. The result was the same.

Is this a known behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Reeko

Hi,

Do I understand you right, at bar 9.1.1.0 the FINGER expression is sent out again?

Hi Martin
No, it will be triggered from 9.2 by the Slap or Ghost-Note Keyswitch.

After the locator is passing the sustain value 0 position, every following keyswitch will trigger the sustain. I can see it in the Modo Bass Plugin.

try inserting an “empty” switch above your F#0 Finger Mode, and make sure it’s triggering (or outputting) nothing.

Hi,

I can’t reproduce it here. Could you provide a sample project, please? Just a snipped, this short MIDI part, you sent a screenshot.

Hi all
Thank you for your answers and sorry for the delay.
I’ve made a new Cubase 10 Project and created a new Expression-Map for Modo-Bass in it. I’ve added both to the attached ZIP File. In the Cubase project file I’ve added the expression-map to a ModoBass Instrument track an also to a Halion Sonic SE Piano. Same issue here.
Cubase_Expression_Maps.zip (85.2 KB)
Regards
Reeko

Hi,

What is the problematic bar and beat now, please? I can’t see anything wrong here CAN-25456.

Hi Martin

Sorry for my bad explanantion.

First of all you have to mute one of the tracks, to hear each example for its own.
You have to play the clip in a loop or you can also copy the clips several times in a row and play them.

After the sustain is set to zero at 2.4.3 and the first clip is played completely, you can hear in the second cycle, that the sustain controller will be triggered on each articaltion change after 1.3.1.

If you have Modo Bass, you can hear the slide articulation (CC64) on each change.

At the second track (HALion Piano), you can hear, that the higher notes will be sustained after the first loop.

I think the problem is not with ModoBass.

Windows: 10 64Bit
Cubase: 10.0.40 (newest version)
MODOBass: 1.5.1 (7L05) (newest version)

Regards
Reeko