Expression Map Setup Remote Control Bug?

When I build a new expression map and add remote control, the first slot never captures the first note and remains empty.

For example, If I have 6 articulations and want to start with C0, slot 1 will be empty and slot 2 will have C0.

If I try to trick it by starting with C#0 so that the slots 2 to 5 have the required note and then go back and manually change slot 1 by typing in the note, it continues just to display the little dashes and the note I entered is not displayed.

Is this known behavior or am I doing something wrong?

If known behavior, will it be fixed?

I dont really use this , as the number of vx instruments is too small in halion5, and i havent had time to really go deep into making my own …

But…

I notice that when i load a vx instrument in halion5 and adjust the keyswitches to my preferred keys, all is ok… Key switches work fine…
-then, i import key switches from the exp.map menu. Here something funny happens… The keyswitches are triggered, but do not work anymore as they should…
Well its a hit n miss…
I open the map, they work again, or they dont… Who knows…

Like i said its hit n miss if they work… Guess its a luck thing here…

The articulations controller lane is also kinda clumsy… (Can drag left or right, but not up or down, cannot use glue tool etc.)
Super buggy…lol

Using C1for slot 1:
Back to your question-> ermmm, how do you get the slots to “capture” the key? (I have to do everything manually here-no learn function?)
-also my C1 sends data but isnt showing that its pressed in the piano roll-> hmm when changing maps, all exp mapped keys show no sign of being pressed…

Idk… This is very buggy.

Thanks for the “very buggy” validation.

This thing is amazingly powerful, for which I’m grateful. I really hope Steiny cleans it up.

FWIW, I’m pretty sure the ‘no show’ of the 1st slot remote key is a bug. I saw the same behavior in a tutorial video showing how to setup an expression map.