Expression maps from Cubase in Dorico?

Hello Daniel, Can you use Expression maps from Cubase in Dorico? Thanks!

Yes, Dorico’s concept of expression maps is a superset of the Cubase concept. I’m not sure whether you will be able to load a Cubase expression map directly or whether there will be some kind of conversion necessary, but the idea is certainly that Dorico will somehow allow their use.

I think Daniel is right here - as it stands I think there is extra data Dorico needs above that in a Cubase expression map file. However it should be possible to import a Cubase file which will get you 90% of the way there. I already have code to convert them.

I’ve spent long hours creating my expression maps, around 300 articulations for each instrument of the orchestra. So this is very important to be able to import those. So thank you for taking care of this. I cross my fingers for a 100% conversion.

And Paul, a special thank to you for focusing on the playback system, because for me it is on the same level as the graphics part.

Would you be happy to send me a sample one so I can check the import? You can PM me

Would you be happy to send me a sample one so I can check the import? You can PM me

Did it import OK