Expression Maps improvements

Most evident
1- COPY/PASTE and DUPLICATE ability in Expression Map Setup
2- More symbols or custom user symbols
3- Ability to move vertically expressions in the Key Editor controller lane
4- Vertical zoom slider and scroll bar in the Key Editor controller lane to improve expressions labels display

Advanced
5- Possibility to define the Directions length (duration) in the score
examples : “tr ~~~~~~~~~~~~~” or “legato …”
6- More than 4 groups for articulations

Very advanced !
7 - Progressive expressions
example for an articulation slot : MIDI CC 1, value 1 = 0; value 2 = 127; time = 5s

I’ll try to update this post with suggestions from other users

How about the ability to vertically drag and drop the Expression Map notes in the Key Editor Expressions Lane. At the moment you can only draw them in with a pencil or erase them. Being able to move the “notes” to other rows would be much less destructive than what you have now. I don’t necessarily want to destroy the length of the Expression Map “note” by erasing it, I just want to be able to drag them to another expression.

Maybe it’s as easy to hold down [Alt]/[Option] and click. No ?

YES YES YES.

I need to be able to move them with the up and down arrow. I requested this before and someone was wondering why I want to do that. Because I use VSL, that’s why and by the way, it would be nice after spending hours creating a map if all the labels on the lanes don’t disappear! How about a scroll bar on the Expression Map lanes window??? Imagine if the Project Window worked like this, if when you make too many tracks, the names of the tracks totally disappear :angry:. This is my biggest complaint about the thing. I can not visually see the names of the lanes when I use all the articulations I want to use. Then I am working blind, trying to guess what each lane is or having to look at the inspector to see what it changed to when it goes over it. IT IS STUPID! I have been begging them to fix this.

I use VSL too. But I mainly work in the Score Editor. Indeed the expressions names can’t be displayed when you reduce the controller lane height too much. And this is problematic. there is a need for a zoom slider here.

I updated the first post with your remarks.

I believe this is why VSL didn’t implement the automatic map mode. It would have been so awesome if they did because making these large maps takes a lot of time and you end up making mistakes in them. I remember when Expression Map was introduced VSL was excited about it but I think they soured on it because of the limitation. Steinberg doesn’t seem to care too. I keep asking them to fix it and they don’t even reply. They should take more pride in their work. When you do something, you have to give it your best effort, and not give up before it’s done.

I believe this is why VSL didn’t implement the automatic map mode. It would have been so awesome if they did because making these large maps takes a lot of time and you end up making mistakes in them. I remember when Expression Map was introduced VSL was excited about it but I think they soured on it because of the limitation. Steinberg doesn’t seem to care too. I keep asking them to fix it and they don’t even reply. They should take more pride in their work. When you do something, you have to give it your best effort, and not give up before it’s done.