Expression Maps - Spitfire Articulation

I am not sure that I am setting up Spitfire Albion One Expression Map correctly in Cubase 9.5 and have not found much help to direct my method.

I have seen the UACC list here The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra - Tutorials » Spitfire Audio » Changing articulations

by way of example, in Kontakt 5 on ‘Woods High’ instrument I have set the Articulation to use UACC locked, this should give me 4 options in Expression Maps for that instrument, according to the legend it shows me: Short, Long, Short Arranged and Long Arranged.

the problem is that setting it up the way I have seen by entering the Expression Map. making a new one called Woods High, then adding in 4 sound slots and setting Output Mapping for Data 1 to cc32, then the Data 2 field to the relevant CC number to change the articulation, but this alone has not worked. After saving the Expression Map and adding it into the Expression Map inspector, nothing shows up in the editor window to change articulation of a note played, the articulation field in the editor is empty even though I can see them listed in the Inspector and green arrow sits next to Short.

A work around I found is to add an entry in the Expression Map window to Art. 1 (that is found in the Sound Slot windows of Expression Maps), but this is limited to the articulations listed there, I found legato and staccato that I assume relate to Short and Long so I added them, saved the EXp Map and reloaded, and sure enough this now worked and showed up in the Editor so I could add it to a note played, but then how do I make it use Short Arranged and Long Arranged in Spitfire instrument this way since Art 1 seems to be limited to Cubase offering of articulation and not the Spitfire UACC list?

And how come I am having to use this bodge when every instruction video on using Expression Maps ignores the Art 1 ? what am I doing wrong that is forcing me to have to use it to make the articulations work?

is it not playing at all?
did you set up your dynamic mapping?

There is always the custom articulations, where you can either choose a musical symbol from a palette, or enter text instead. I’ve used these for my garritan libraries.

agree. I end up using custom articulations a lot, so they are the same as in the respective library. mdkb, I attached my expression maps file for string libraries core articulations. maybe it helps you in setting up yours.
UACC Core.zip (2.41 KB)

ok the problem was I needed to put something into Art 1 as an Articulation. even though it doesnt have much relevance to the actual setting with the UACC that you make in the Output Mapping fields (UACC 32, then set the other data field to the required CC number for that Articulation) it is required else the whole thing wont work , and it doesnt matter what you put in there just use the custom articulation and set up whatever. it just seems to be something needed for the whole thing to function, without it nothing was displaying in the articulation fields in cubase editor. and now it is.

incidently I got my answer over here - Expression Maps for Cubase | Page 5 | VI-CONTROL
and furthermore there is a Spitfire Support dude pumping out expression maps over there as I write this (though not albion one yet) so if its something you need check there since they dont seem to be available anywhere else online that I could find so far. ( my handle is mdkb so follow that thread for more info on the Expression Map settings as I was englightened to them.)

i was thinking about this more since you asked and realized i misunderstood what was going on. i was going to suggest this mapping, but glad you found a resource.