Extend Cubase Pro Desktop to 2nd monitor

Is it possible to Extend Cubase Pro Desktop to 2nd monitor?

You don’t need to do anything to extend Cubase 10. Just stick whatever Windows you like onto that monitor.

If you have the extended desktop setup, drag out or stretch Cubase onto the second monitor.
NVidia and AMD have some options to treat multiple monitors as one so check there, then you won’t have to bother with stretching it out.

True, and this is how I use it, but if you touch the windows desktop by mistake you lose focus. Hence it would be desirable to have the Cubase desktop on both monitors.

I tried stretching Cubase over both monitors but the Cubase desktop still doesn’t appear on the second monitor.

I don’t think you can stretch a single window in Cubase across two monitors. You can only have one window per monitor. I use two monitors and have the main Cubase window on the monitor in front of me and all other windows (plugins, Mixer, Editor window, etc.) on the second monitor.

You might be right. Also, I don’t think it’s possible to stretch the main Cubase window (with no project loaded) to both monitors either which probably means no Cubase desktop on second monitor. Moderators?

I think you’re right, beatpete.

Sure you can, I do it all the time. Of course the Window cannot be maximized when trying to resize it - that’s a Windows OS restriction. But look at the two attached images. I use 4 monitors and if you look at the A screenshot you can see all 4 each with a different Cubase window maximized on each monitor.

And the B image is the same except the Project Window has been dragged across most of 3 monitors.

I’ve got Workspaces that have various windows extended across multiple monitors.

Wow Raino, I didn’t know you could do that. So, it’s possible as long as you don’t maximize the window. Cool! Thanks for that. Can’t wait to try it later today :slight_smile:.

Works best if all your monitors are the same resolution. If not you can run into situations where you are trying to expand the Window onto a non-existent space on the next monitor - which will just stop the expansion at the monitor’s edge until you move the Window up or down a bit.

Agreed, Raino. When I bought my PC, I bought two identical 24-inch Viewsonic monitors. I tried it and it works great!

Reply to Raino
I have been using multiple monitors for years. My system has an AMD graphics card that is capable of driving 4 displays.
But since installing Win 10, only two of the displays can be detected by Windows. Very frustrating.

What kind of graphics card are you using??? I am considering a new one to fix this problem.

MrGordion, I use two NVIDIA GeForce cards - one for each monitor. Model numbers GTX 1060 (3GB)

it’s in my sig
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV