External FX patch Names

Hi and thanks for allowing me to do this. I have a few reverb units that I sometimes use as external effects. I have set up all the devices under External FX (Cubase Pro 10.5) and associated patch names with each one. I then set up an effects track for each. I wish there was a way to change patches from the edit window of the effect (in the same way that you can change patches from within a plugin window). My work-around right now is to set up a midi track whose sole purpose is to change presets. Thanks again, Brett

HI
I have the same problem
Did anyone find the solution ?
Thanks, Laurent

If you create an External Effect you can associate it with a MIDI Device. In the MIDI Device definition you should be able to set up all the patches that you like. Doesn’t that work?

grafik

Hi
All the patches have been already set up,but now i wonder how do i select those patches when i insert the fx on a channel ?

First you have to find out which MIDI messages need to be sent to your external device to change to different patches.
For entering the data into the MIDI Device you can follow this guide:

Once you have done all that I hope you can access the patches through the preset panel. However, I have never tried that myself as I don’t use external effects.

The problem is that i don’t see any preset panel as you can see on an external synth….
I’ve already done all my patches and PChge configuration.
The only panel that appears is a Delay/Gain send/Gain return.
Cause ext FX i use is in send mode, not insert mode

Oof, so it is better not to assign the MIDI Device to the External Effect but rather to an External Instrument. Then create an Instrument track and use it to select the patches of your effect.

Seems to be a solid feature request to have patch selection for an External Effect.

It worked in Cubase 12, but not in 13