External Sidechaining

Has anybody made external side-chaining work in Wavelab10? How did you set up the patch?

I can’t find anything beyond the ducker plug-in the Wavelab on-line manual, and in that case, it is internal to the plug-in process.

I have compressors without frequency filtering in the sidechain that I’d like to use with some bass de-emphasis. I also read a cool profile of Clearmountain which described his method of compressing stem mixes individually with a control signal from the full mix-- love to give that one a try.

Not supported

For a premium product rather disappointing not having the basic feature. Its 2023, not 1995.

Yes, but there is a handy feature for volume control, a kind of built-in side-chaining for volume control across tracks.

1 Like

Thank you, that is good to know.

Spectral based ducking can be useful like Neutron unmask which is only possible with SC support for VST’s. Hopefully the technical issues are worked on out on a next update/revision

I mean, the first question about side chaining has been asked in 2021 and 2023 some updates later nothing changed. The possibility to use sidechains in 3rd party Plugins should be possible for a mastering software like this ! Your answer is like: “Yes! We have no bananas”

Yeah- really disappointed this didn’t make it into WL12! It’s a basic technique for mastering from stems – and it isn’t the same as ducking a music bed for a voiceover mix.

Why this attitude ???
Be nice and things will happens!

S-EH

Hey S-EHansson…This attidute comes up if You know that a question like this exists since Version 3.0 of Wavelab. Version 1.0 was built 25Years ago .-)…A time, when some users weren´t born Yet :-))
And it´s kind of funny if things like that, take some decades to be answered in a way, that You as a paying customer think it could happen before You die .-)

I’m 66 what about you and maybe it’s harder to program
Sidechaining then we think, I have been a WL user from 3.0
and really like what you can do with WL and agree to disagree
I think PG is listen to people that have a strong point with new features…
just my point…

regards S-EH

I know I already said so in the past, but I confirm this is high on the todo list.

Great to hear that!

Hey! I am 55 and been in the business since I was 20! - even on pro basis. (Yes things started out early) … I appreceate what software/hardware is able to do in our todays world. And WL is a software which deserves to be promoted as professional. And it´s nothing wrong to say what could be done, to keep good products going .-).

2 Likes