extract an entire CD rather than it's songs?

I used to use Wavelab 4 to rip entire CDs. In other words… The process didn’t separate out the songs, it combined all of them into a single wave file. I don’t recall what this is called. What is this process called?

There is not such option. But you could grab all tracks in one go, insert them in a montage, and render the whole thing as one wave.

Yes… I’d really like this option though - i use “loadback” in Sonic all the time to QC finished CD masters (null bounce reveals issues immediately). Currently to QC this way I have to load a DDP into Sonic then loadback the CD and align.

I suppose you could provide the same qc functionality directly and actually improve this process over the competition; iow insert finished disc and generate a null file directly from a Montage or DDP image.

But still, even iTunes now supports gapless imports and for some albums this really matters (crossfades etc). I realize a 0 gap import is essentially same thing, but why not make it a little easier/faster and add an option to capture/import as an image/DDP (a DDP data file IS a single contiguous audio file, easily bounced back to a wav, aiff or mp3).

I just did this but I don’t Rember how. I’ll check. I imported a batch file of about 30 songs to desk top and it’s one continuous file. I’ll check and see how I did it. I thought I did it in Wavelab 8. PG said it’s not possible in Wavelab but I did it somehow.

It was probably ‘Save as CD image’ which you used to be able to do from the Basic Audio CD window, from the CD menu (in WL6 and probably WL4). This function included the saving of all tracks within a single file.

It was probably ‘Save as CD image’ which you used to be able to do from the Basic Audio CD window, from the CD menu (in WL6 and probably WL4). This function included the saving of all tracks within a single file.

No, this has nothing to see with CD grabbing.

I meant ‘Save as CD image’ as part of a more elaborate process where you first extract the tracks from the CD and then use this function, since it gave you all the tracks in a single audio file, I think this may have been what the OP was thinking of. But with WL8 your render solution as above is of course the better solution.

WL4 was a while back.

Is it possible you were recalling using Exact Audio Copy http://www.exactaudiocopy.de ?