Fabfilter update for CC121!

The CC121 doesn’t work properly with all Fabfilter plugins on macOS. I contacted Fabfilter support and tested all plugins for them. They contacted Steinberg support and found the bug. It was fixed and will be released with the next Fabfilter update in the winter!

Now I have an idea. Why shouldn’t every plugin work with CC121? I can’t contact everyone. I sent another request to Melda. But now I need YOUR help! Please do the same and contact your favorite developer if the CC121 isn’t supported. Tell them to contact Steinberg if they need help. Thank you!

These developers don’t support CC121 yet:
• AAS
• Arturia
• DJ Swivel
• Eventide
• iZotope + Exponential Audio
• Polyverse
• Kilohearts
• Klevgränd
• Korg
• Melda [contacted]
• Output
• Slate Digital
• Softube
• u-He
• Valhalla

Native Instruments and Wavesfactory seem to work in part or are buggy.

All other plugins seem to work. I tested a lot.

2 Likes

Great work! In my experience, in general VST2 plugins seem to work with the AI Knob, but in general VST3 plugs don’t work. With Fabfilter I tend to use the VST2 versions because then I can use the AI Knob…! But great to hear that they have found a way to make it work with all their plugins - especially if this means that their VST3 versions will work too! :tada::blush: That means that it IS possible, and that we should indeed contact the other developers.

Yes, the CC121 support in VST2 is better. Only four developers use VST3 and the CC121 works:
◦ Steinberg
◦ Waves
◦ Antares
◦ Fabfilter (soon)

Only two developers use VST2 and have no CC121 support:
◦ Illformed
◦ Korg

Maybe the VST3 documentation is not clear enough?

1 Like

The Fabfilter update has just been released! CC121 now works in all their plugins!

Wahey!

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

I think you have forgotten Universal Audio. Used to work in earlier versions but support seemed to have faded with the last updates.

1 Like

Any chance you can share how to setup this newfound cc121 control for Fabfilter plugins? I just got a cc121 so I’m still learning my way around the integration but would love a couple of hints in relation to this thread. Thx

No need to setup anything. It should work out of the box.

Thanks. I’m not quite sure what you mean by “works out of the box”. Forgive me but how do you ensure that the cc121 is controlling the Fabfilter plugin and not the built-in Cubase functions? In other words, if I want to use Pro Q-3, I have to place that plugin into an insert and then how am I going to use the cc121’s EQ control section to work the Pro Q-3, without it only communicating with the Cubase mixer EQ for that track? Perhaps what I want to do and what you are doing are 2 different things. Perhaps if you wouldn’t mind sharing a bit about how you’re using these plugins and which cc121 controls you are using, that would help.

Thx

Only the AI button is supported by any plugin. Just hover the mouse over a knob.

Thanks. I knew about that feature but misunderstood you, thinking that actual compatibility meant that it could “control” in a more robust way. Thanks a lot.

CC121 AI Knob now correctly works in all Melda plugins 15.02, VST3 versions, Windows 10, Cubase 12.

1 Like

This is a great initiative. I also contacted Togu Audio Line about this issue (AI knob and VST3) some months ago. The developer told me that he would look into it. However, he suspected that, as his plugins are created with JUCE, this would be something to discuss directly with the JUCE team. In fact, if JUCE added support for the AI knob, it would probably benefit many other developers that use the framework.

1 Like