Factory Preset: Delete all Data on selected tracks beyond cursor

I’ve just begun trying to understand and use this tool so forgive me if there is some glaring point regarding this function that I am missing.

Factory Preset > Tracks > Delete all Data on selected tracks beyond cursor

I’ve selected an audio track with 2 events. I position the cursor between the 2 events and when I trigger the above preset it deletes both the events, before and after the cursor. Actually, it will delete both events no matter where the cursor is. Am I confusion “Data” with an “Event”? Regardless, it’s deleting the events.

I think there is something wrong with that preset- plus it was much more complex than it needed to be.

I made one that should do the job.

Cubase 12: Place this file in Documents\Steinberg\Cubase\User Presets\Project Logical Editor
Earlier versions: Open the User Settings Data Folder for your version and place the file in Presets/Project Logical Editor
– Delete data beyond Cursor selected tracks only.xml (7.6 KB)
refresh to see animation if necessary.

1 Like

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately it’s still deleting the complete event both before and after the cursor. I tried typing in the query from your post and putting the XML file in the proper location. I can only guess this is some sort of bug?

I’m going to keep playing around with it. The PLE is really pretty deep and it’s going to take some time to figure out what I can create or use in order to speed up various processes.

The preset will show up in the User Presets section of the drop down menu.

You could use the image above to create your own as well.

I probably wasn’t clear in my previous post but I tried both of those approaches and it still deletes the complete event.

I believe the problem stems from “Delete all on Tracks” section. The correct criteria should be “Edit/Select from Cursor to End”. BUT… this command seems to delete from the marker and not cursor

Hmph! Apologies, I uploaded the wrong preset yesterday. Now, I’ve updated the post and it should be correct.

Let me check it out.

Thank you. It’s working as expected. I use program MS Access databases so I’m a little familiar with the creation of queries and how they perform but the “stock” PLE preset for what I wanted just seemed wrong. I will continue on my journey learning this tool.

Thanks again.

this is very strange, when I apply the “new” preset it works ok but then does not work anymore, if I duplicate the preset and modify something it does not work either (as the original one).