Factory Reset Preference - Auto reset

Not a huge issue as have a backup - just curious tbh as I’m puzzled.

Launched C12 tonight, normal start up (no safe mode options) and everything has reset itself, plugin lists, recent files and so on.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Maybe I inadvertently launched it without ticking a correct box or pressed a shortcut key thats done I’ve inadvertently clicked.
Any ideas and/or anyone else experienced similar?
Windows11

Also query regarding asio-guard in relation to Acustica Audio Aqua plugins. Read a post on Gearspace

Basically Acustica have confirmed “aqua plug-ins are multi threaded " and another poster follow up " Thanks, that ties in with the Cubase 12 multi threading /loading issues then we’re seeing.
Seems there’s an ASIO guard issue with plug-ins that have their own multi threading.”

So should ASIO Guard be off for Aquas?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you have a silent crash while quit Cubase by any chance? Can you see any DMP file(s) in the Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps/ folder?

Hi Ive never heard or realised such a thing as silent crash but does make sense.
Normally whenever Cubase crashes it relaunches in safe more with the options and Ive never had an issue (acustica plugins normally the culprits).
So Ive checekd the dump folder and you appear correct as I can see 2 types of crash files:
Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.3.17 14.54.17.093-freezedump
and
Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.3.17 1.07.19.988
So maybe one of those.
Never in all my years/decades with cubase have I seen this :slight_smile:

Hi,

Could you share the files, please?

Sorry Martin i think theyre deleted.