Fearture request: Plugin side chain

Hello,

I’m surprised no one has asked for this feature for Wavelab.
Because even though Cubase is the mixing DAW, I do not have Cubase, but I sometimes feel the need for subtle side chaining in Wavelab (mastering daw) for stem mastering.
Would this be possible please?
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is asked from time to time. This will probably be implemented someday in the future, but I can’t say when.
Note, however, that WaveLab 11 has a cool and easy-to-use built-in ducking feature (audio montage). That is, side-chaining specialized for lowering the music when speech happens.

1 Like

Thanks PG

I know the ducking function in WL11.
Unfortunately, this is not what I am looking for.

I hope you will find some time to implement this function which can save some cases in stem mastering :wink:

Regards

1 Like

Yes, I am aware this will have to come someday.

1 Like

Hi, just politely adding my support to this request. Currently, if a client requests individual processed stems in addition to a stereo master, I’m forced to switch to a different DAW to facilitate this.

With plugin external side chain support, one could feed a summed signal into a master bus dynamics processor so it reacts identically even when only individual stems are being run through it. This makes it possible to export individual stems which, when later summed, are identical to the stereo master - which is the request of the client.

Thanks again for your consideration and hard work PG!

3 Likes

Just adding another polite request for this to be implemented.

Side chaining is essential for me to deliver individual mastered stems, when summed will match to stereo master. I have numerous production music labels that require this.

1 Like