Feature Comparison With Cubase 7?

I have Cubase 7.5 and Nuendo 6. I found even small things that Cubase is missing really hampers my workflow going Nuendo to Cubase. A couple of simple things are “Edit mode” and “insert & name marker” which are both missing from Cubase.

I didn’t realize Insert & Name Cycle Marker was in Nuendo, I will have to start using that.

I miss Edit:Range:“Cut Head” and “Cut Tail”

Or A and S in Pro Tools, use this all the time for audio projects and the macro I have made is slow compared to how fast this works in Nuendo, this one seems really silly not to have in Cubase.

Range Selection A and Selection B is very helpful in Nuendo.

Range Selection A and Selection B is very helpful in Nuendo.

Can you explain this? Where is it in the manual? Seems useful indeed.

See screenshot
Selection A_B.png
HTH
Fredo

Also to add to the list since this is a little vague

“- enhanced automation system”

• automation flexible passes technology

Individual automation mode per channel, (Global, Touch, Auto-Latch, Cross-Over & Trim) Cubase is Global for all tracks.

Attached is a zip file of 10 images that compare Cubase 8 to Nuendo 5.5. We’re waiting for Nuendo 7 before we upgrade so sorry I didn’t include Nuendo 6.5.

Kind of funny that they just copied and pasted the Nuendo manual for the functions in Cubase 8 even though several of the functions never made it into Cubase but they explain them there.
Cubase 8 - Nuendo 5dot5.zip (290 KB)

Nuendo with its price tag and market(audio for visual) should give us ALL Cubase features.
No comparison is needed but to kick the hell of NEK.

Thanks! that was really useful!

Hi Timo, do you have an update list for Nuendo 7 vs cubase 8.5??

Thanks!