FEATURE REQUEST - another "hide" state for mixer channels

Right now, we have "grey for visual channels (not hidden)… we have “orange” for hidden channels.

I would like to propose a 3rd state - SHOW ONLY HIDDEN (maybe green?).

There are many times I would like to instantly access only a certain group of channels and I am searching through them to find the ones I want. Imagine this - normally, you click on “Hide MIDI channels” to hide them. What if Alt+click on the same button causes it to turn green instead of orange, and you see “only MIDI channels”?

Thanks!
Todd

Argh, I always get confused by this, it would seem to me that if they’re lit orange then I can see them but it’s the other way round… Well, that aside, you’re requesting a Solo mode then? Right now, we’ve got Mute mode, so yeah, why not, sounds like a cool idea to me. +1

Mike.

It would definitely help a lot with big projects that have tons of tracks in them.

Do you two use channel view sets?

I generally use the 3 mixers and have different sets on each, e.g. i) audio+instruments ii) midi iii) fx+groups.

I’ve not come across channel view sets, how do you use these then?

Mike.

Here you go Mike. You should love this feature.
channel view.jpg

The channel view sets looks cool, and I think it will be very useful. I haven’t used them before, so thanks for sharing.

Still, I think having a “show only” state as described in this feature request would be helpful.

Hi Tom,
yes you’re right “channel view” is a good feature, but when you add a new channel (FX, Group…) it will show up on all presets, so you have to rebuild all the presets to get rid of it. it’s very annoying.