Feature Request: Graphic Paper and Desk Backgrounds

As an enhancement to 3.5’s ability to change colors, 4.0 could use textured backgrounds similar to other programs. An example would be:

Papyrus, Cotton, Parchment, etc. for the Sheet Music “Paper”

And

Oak, Pine, Marble, Mahogany, Redwood, Tile, Grass, etc., for the “Desk”

Additional enhancement could be for the user to be able to add their own textures through a file dropbox.

Thanks for the consideration.

I searched the forums and did not find any requests for this so I apologize if there has already been one.

Thanks for the feedback. At the moment we have no plans for this, but I would never rule it out altogether for some distant future version.

A friend of mine said, that he likes Sibelius more, because one can have coffee-stained paper … :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dspreadbury. could 4.5 be that version :pray:

It was Sib’s most important feature!
‘Should be fairly easy to implement, wouldn’t it?’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh? No thanks, there’s enough visual information coming at me already.

But out of curiosity I tried overlaying a music frame over a graphic. The graphic z order overlaid the music, but maybe if you used an image with transparency. Or you could do some kind of border thing if you like.

Grid lines in the background, I’d welcome, but I’d much rather any other feature for productivity, engraving or notation than wood-grain panels and pretend paper on the interface. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Ben that final emoji is … overly suggestive :grimacing: