Feature Request: Rhythmic Patters for input + Variable graphics frames

Just an idea. It would be nice to be able to define a rhythmic pattern then in input mode just enter the notes without needing to change note values. This would come in handy if you were scoring something like Chopin’s F# Minor prelude, for example.

Also, I’m making a sort of chord & scale book and I have graphics of the keyboard with highlighted notes on every page. Each time I decide to change a master page layout I end up having to delete all the master page changes (which includes the graphics) then put the graphics back in again. I would love it if I could simply define where graphics should go in the master page editor, then choose which images to put on each page later in write mode.

… And since I’m here, text frame background colours would be good too.

Thanks.

You can use “Lock duration”
Enter the rythmic pattern once, copy it as many times as needed and with lock duration activated enter the different notes.

Time-saving Input Options | Discover Dorico with John Barron - YouTube (see at 47:15 for an example)

Yeah, I know about that. I just thought it would be nice if the process were a little more streamlined. Say, for example, you’re composing and you don’t know how many bars you need. Either you put in too many and have to delete them or not enough and have to interrupt your composing to select, copy, and paste more notes.