Feature request: Timecode and bar numbers

I just finished remaking Bram Stoker’s Dracula for a live-to-picture concert and – since I did it in another program because of my habits – found some things that I would really like Dorico to do. Since there is no mention of it in your YouTube video on live-to-picture I hope you find these requests useful.

Bar numbers:
I would like to be able to do these rectangle enclosed bar numbers sitting on top of a single line snapped to the bottom margin of the page:
Skærmbillede 2019-05-05 20.08.47.png
Timecode:
I would like to be able to count duration of flow in minutes:seconds.centiseconds. If timecode is snapped to it’s own single line at the top of the page, it would be nice to also be able to do streamers (warning streamers as well), punches and click information (both text information on click type and click in crosses) like I did for this project:
Skærmbillede 2019-05-05 20.09.33.png

You can already have rectangular enclosed bar numbers at the bottom of the page, albeit not on a one-line stave.
I’m not so sure about timecode.

I know but these jump out and intersect with other information (I also know you can align them on a per system basis)
Skærmbillede 2019-05-05 21.25.40.png

If you “align them on a per system basis”, they don’t “intersect with other information”.

Yes there is still the occasional dynamic that is fitted in between two bar numbers.
I think my screenshot clearly shows what I’m aiming for.

Just to check whether you correctly understood what Leo meant: there is tick box in Layout Options > Bar Numbers > Placement that automatically aligns bar numbers across the width of each system. That should definitely prevent the problem you show in your last screenshot. Although yes, it would probably be nice to be able to show them on their own staff, like you can do for markers.

Yes. I did understand. But that doesn’t mean it gets out of the vertical way of in-between dynamics. I mentioned it myself :wink:

Okay then, it was just to check since the feature was mentioned in a rather elliptical fashion. Still, while I do admit I haven’t pushed Dorico’s positioning of bar numbers to its limit myself, I’m surprised that asking it to align bar number still yields the result you posted. My experience is that Dorico prefers to be stubborn and align them no matter what unless you move one of them manually.