Feature Request:Verse, Chorus, Interlude Rehearsal marks

To add to this, you can even assign a key command to this particular style and save one step. I use shift y for that, for example…

B.

1 Like

Hi, is this feature now present in Dorico 5? I would update just for that :wink:

1 Like

No, it’s not included. (Everything that is included is documented in the Dorico 5 Version History. We did not add any secret features that we forgot to include in there.)

love your solution but the engraving (padding etc) does not really look so good. Too bad they still didn’t include this function. But text with a paragraph style works fine anyway

If you don’t use the rehearsal marks for anything else, you can edit font, size, border, padding, etc. in Library > Paragraph Styles Rehearsal Marks
Maybe you want to change some settings here to: Engraving Options > rehearsal marks.

Yes that’s why I use Text for “Verse”, “Chorus” etc. The Rehearsel Marks for A,B,C will look bad otherwise.

Maybe Dorico is just Right for not including the “Verse”, “Chorus” as rehearsel Marks. For every language, musicstyle, personal preferences there should be options in that case

Here’s what mine looks like
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 23.02.23

And here’s how I handled the bridge:

Yes it’s a bit kludgy

2 Likes

Great work-around! Thank for sharing. Dorico this is a very welcome fix! Hope it arrives soon.

This is so easy to solve: just create a boxed text paragraph style that is the same font as rehearsal marks. Apply it as system text so it shows up in all parts.