File explorer won't open Cubasele8 cpr. Files

I don’t know what I changed accidentally but when i open File Explorer in Windows 10 and go to documents-cubasele8 projects, the files won’t open…they used to just by double clicking but now a panel appears and they give me an option as to what app to use to open the file…when I choose either APK Downloader or internet explorer a panel either returns and asks me to choose again and again or when I choose internet explorer it won’t open the file at all… the file is my own created project for Cubasele8…

No, neither a downloader nor Internet explorer will open Cubase project files. You need to direct the dialog to Cubase LE.exe

How exactly do I do this?

Click on “more apps” or whatever it is called in the english windows version

I’ve done that… i’ve downloaded 4-5 Apple that claim to open the files but most of them have to have something else to work…they say cannot open this type of file… all they do is show a page with numbers and letters or something…The files from Cubasele8 projects always opened up before on their own by double tapping the touchpad…but somehow I must have changed something…only thing is, I don’t know what it was I changed that’s why I’m asking here…other files open in File Explorer, but not the Cubasele8 projects files…

No, Cubae project files open in Cubase or Nuendo, not in file exploerer or any other app. No need to download anything if you have Cubase installed, direct the pop up to the cubase exe.

I don’t mean the preset projects like
Rock-Classic Rock-Electro-etc. I mean the ones that I’ve created…they end up being saved or copied into the file explorer, and I could opened up the file from file explorer without opening up Cubasele8…it would come up as the program I had created right from the file explorer in the taskbar in Windows homescreen…it’s still Cubasele8 but i don’t have to wait as long for the instruments and effects etc. to assemble…

I don’t mean that neither. I’m talking about .cpr files, which is what you wrote in your thread title. These can only be opened with the Cubase exe. Your windows lost the file association, so it no longer knows on double clicking a cpr. File, it has to start Cubase LE.

Whatever type of file, my created projects end up copied or stored in the Cubasele8 projects folder in documents(main folder) in the file explorer in Windows 10…I just don’t know why they don’t open up by double clicking like they used to…someone may know what caused it not to open automatically out of file explorer…I know after opening Cubasele8 I choose a project from there normally…but if I open the project from file explorer, I don’t have to wait as long for the project to show up…

Because as I wrote, windows lost the file association, and to reassign it, you have to do what I also had already written.

I finally figured it out…took a while but after choosing Cubasele8 to open the file it does it automatically from my Windows 10 file explorer…and now from my startup window…thanks.