File for Halion Sonic Factory Content Library?

It seems that my Halion Sonic Factory Content Library has become corrupted. I want to restore it from backups but don’t know which .vstsound file(s) are associated with the library. I could have easily overlooked something but none of the filenames suggest they contain this library.

Does anyone know the correct file? I have submitted a support request, but asking here might be quicker.

Not at PC so just a thought…

Can you figure out something by looking at the plugin manager/information section?

Regards. :sunglasses:

Wouldn’t it be simpler to reinstall HSSE from the iso or whatever you have the installers in?

Might well be what happens in the end. I am concerned that would make me reinstall all the full Halion content - not like that would be the end of the world, but… Back when I had a smaller OS SSD, I moved a bunch of the larger .vstsound files and replaced them with shortcuts pointing at the real files. This works fine, but things are a bit messier than an installer would expect. Anyway, support has already asked for a screenshot - so I’m in their care now. That was really fast turnaround.

Prock, no that would just show where the various .dll files are for the Halion clan, not the .vstsound library files.

Thanks for the replies.

Hi Raino!

I have included a list of the HALion Sonic Factory Content as an attachment.

You could also look it up yourself, there are two ways I can think of to get a list of VST sounds (besides searching you HDD and deciphering the filenames):

1.) Look it up in the registry:

To get a list of all the VSTSounds connected to Halion or other Steinberg Instrument VSTs, you can take a look here (it will list all VST Sounds under /components)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH\Steinberg HALion Content\Components

The same is true for all other VST Sound components. You will find them listed in the registry. Whereever it says content in the registry entry (under “Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH”), you will most likely find the list off all the sounds connected to that VST instrument. There are some exceptions, so its best to look through all of them.

You should have some experience with searching the registry, but its actually not difficult. To open the registry editor, go to to the Windows Start Menu and enter regedit in Cortana or type regedit at the command prompt. Then choose “Edit > Find…” in the registry editor and type “Steinberg” (don’t include quotation marks) and search. You can then continue the seach until you hit the above mentioned folder.

Btw, Your VST sounds are usually stored on your C: Drive in the folder: C:/User/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound by default. If not, search all your hard drives for *.vstsound (include asterix, followed by dot and vstsound).

2.) Library Manager

In case you have Halion 6 installed, it comes with a library manager. The program Icon is not automatically added to the desktop on install, so you need to search for it in the Windows Start Menu under Steinberg. Icon Name is HAlion Library Manager. Create a link to your desktop and open it.

The library manager has two tabs: Under the tab “Managed”, you can choose to move your Halion 6 VST sound content to another folder. By default, Halion 6 VST Sound content is installed on your C: Drive. Here is the exact path C:/User/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound. In my case a SSD drive, so I moved the content to a larger drive, by clicking on the “move” button.

On the second tab “Installed” you can see all your older VST sound content (prior to Halion 6) and the path associated with it. In case you have double entries on your hard drive, it should give you a red warning sign with information regarding the conflict.

However, if you do not have the VST Sounds in the registered library folder, it will not show up in the list.

Good Luck.