File Handling New Feature Requests

There are a few features I would love to see that would make file handling a lot easier in WL8 if they were possible:

1. If a file is opened from a particular directory, could the Save/Save As dialogue default the save directory to the one from which the file was opened.

2. Is it possible for CMD-SHIFT S key to also be Save As - this is the standard Save As key sequence on Mac

3. In File save dialogue, where there is a little drawer with a down arrow on it → history. If one selects a file name from the contents of the drawer, it would be great to be able to edit it. This will allow quick saving of files you have named XXX-V01, XXX-V02 etc where XXX could be quite long.

1. You can set this from Options > Folders

2. Right, though tis is not a standard on Windows.
    But you could change this in Options > Customize commands

3. Not sure to understand what you mean with “it would be great to be able to edit it”. Do you mean edit the list itself?

Philippe

Many thanks for 1 and 2 - they have bugged me for a long time and there was no need…

For 3, if one opens the drawer/filing cabinet and clicks on one of the files, that text is transferred into the filename box. It is that box I would like to edit, not the list.

For 3, if one opens the drawer/filing cabinet and clicks on one of the files, that text is transferred into the filename box. It is that box I would like to edit, not the list.

What can’t you edit the filename box? It should be possible.

Philippe

Every time I try, I just get a “dong” for any keyboard stroke. Was the same on WL7 for Mac.

Please show a screen shot of the dialog you mean.

Herewith - hopefully - haven’t done this before.

If I select Selby V02 from the list on the left and try to change it to Selby V03 each keyboard press gets a “dong” and no change occurs

Here when I double click on an item, the box closes and I can edit the field.
In fact, I can edit the field any time, even when not selecting an item.
What OSX version are you using, and are you using WaveLab in 32 or 64 bit?

If I double click, item placed in the filename field, draw closes, but filename is not editable. Same is true for 32 bit and 64 bit modes.

After opening the list, if I don’t select an item, I am able to enter and edit the filename.

OSX 10.8.4

So, this problem only happens if you open the draw, not before?

Yes, only if I open the drawer AND select on of the filenames on the list. If I open it to see the names of the files and make no selection, I can enter and edit a filename.