File naming in render dialogue [SOLVED]

In WL 7, when rendering files from the montage using “whole montage” setting, the name of the previous rendered file would remain in the create named file box, so when I go to render another file, I could work from the previous file name and just tweak a number or name to whatever is needed…now when I go to make a new render, it resets to the name to that of the montage. I can see how this is handy in some cases (mainly as a starting point, but is there a way to make it work like WL7 where it keeps the previous name to work from?

I’m not sure if this is a setting or something that would have to be added back in 8.0.2.

After digging into some of the menus on the rendering window, I found how to turn off auto-naming. It’s a nice feature to start with for some projects, but I’m glad I can disable it and keep the working name and just alter a few things for a new render.

Also, I can’t tell you how amazing it is to be able to render multiple files without them opening in the edit screen. Now I can individually render all 5 to 10 versions of a song from the montage without any interruptions or going back and forth between edit and montage.

So nice, thank you.