File open stuck at 60%

Hi everyone,I try a dozen times and restarted computer many times, but Its just stuck and going nowhere.
Ive been working on a project for about a month now and its almost finished, and now I cant open my file with my deadline just in 2 days!
Please help.
dorico 60.PNG

Oh, that’s too bad, I’m really sorry to hear.
When the project gets stuck at 60% that usually means that the audio engine crashed or does not respond anymore.
Could you please have a look in the task manager and see if you find in the list of background processes an item called VSTAudioEngine (when hanging at 60%)?

On what version of Windows are you?

Please go to C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/VSTAudioEngine and zip up the whole folder and send to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de
together with the project that does not want to load.

Then delete that folder C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/VSTAudioEngine completely and try to start Dorico again. The folder will get recreated and filled up with data again automatically. Still same issue?

Again, please zip up the VSTAudioEngine folder again and also send me.

I can’t promise to help you quick enough for your deadline, but I’ll give my very best.

Edit: Ulf beat me to it…

Are you using Kontakt 5? There is a known issue at the moment where files that use kontakt may hang on loading. We think that we’ve got a fix for it in the next update, but for the moment one workaround is to backup the Dorico file then rename to. dorico.zip and delete the audio engine directory in the zip file. Then rename back to .dorico. This should allow you to load the file and you can then get reset the playback data in Play / Apply Default Template

If you have your project stored in Dropbox, you can easily recover a recent version from the Dropbox website.

Further to JulianBennettHolmes’s post, within the “Dorico Projects” folder on your computer there’s a “Backup Projects” folder that should contain the few most recent saves of your project.

It does sound more like a VST issue than a project-specific issue, though.