Filter by note duration

Usually you can fix this by selecting the passage and using Edit>requantise…

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting. With the requantize capabilities to define what you’re aiming for, that’s actually quite powerful! I just tried a few experiments to see how flexible this is, with inconsistent selections and going for long quantizations (like making the selected 16ths into half notes) - and it worked pretty well! Though things got a bit janky at the (rounding from a selected 16th) half note resolution, I can’t see that being something people are going to want to do…ever, really. lol. Thank you!

Adding another request for filter by note duration.

2 Likes

Adding here a request for filter notes by duration. Would indeed be a huge help in cleaning up xml imports. Thank you!

1 Like

+1 from me!

I do hope that as well as adding this essential feature, the team will consider a revamp of the whole way filtering is structured for Dorico 6 as I feel it could really do with much more division into categories for starters as I often find myself having to read down the entire list to try and find a filter I might rarely use. It’s one of the very few areas where I feel Dorico still lags behind Sibelius.

What I would like to see is, when you click “Select” or “Deselect” that it doesn’t close the pop-up menu before you actually select what it is you want to filter. It is very annoying when the menu disappears after selecting either “Select” or “Deselect” and you then have to open it again to specify what it is you want to select/deselect. Not smart, not intuitive.

3 Likes

But for “boring technical reasons”

Doesn’t mean that it makes sense from a user expectation, or a designing one.

Well, menus always close after you activate them by choosing them. I can’t think of any software in which this isn’t the case.

That’s not to say, however, that it wouldn’t be helpful to be able to change this setting without using the menus, and we have various ideas about how to improve filtering in future versions.