Filter by Notehead

I didn’t see this on the forum or any internet searches.

Is it possible to filter by note head? I’m trying to select all my ‘cross’ note heads to mute them. Seems like something I should be able to do in a batch on not individually. (They’re splattered throughout the score, so selection by marquee is not helpful.)

Seems simple, but I can’t to figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

It’s not possible at the moment, but it’s a good idea and I’ll add it to the backlog.

4 Likes

Fantastic!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Daniel. I wish too to be able to Filter by Notehead. It will make percussion editing faster. In Dorico 4.2 is not jet implemented, or i missed something? Thank you!!

1 Like

It is not yet implemented. In any case, you wouldn’t want to filter by notehead in order to edit percussion more quickly: you would want to select the notes for particular instruments, or specific playing techniques played by those instruments. You might explore using the new percussion editor in the Key Editor, which might make the edits you’re trying to make easier to accomplish.

1 Like

Thank you Danel for your reply! The new percussion editor in Play mode is great!!. If only would exist a shortcut to be able to select all the notes on one horizontal line/technique. Now the way I use is to drag with the arrow tool and select the wanted notes. The “select more” option seems not to work for the perc. editor.
Nevertheless if in Write mode i manually select, on a single line perc. staff ,the notes that I need (more of the times of the same notehead/playing technique) I can then with alt+shift and arrow up or down change their playing technique very fast. The “alt+shift and arrow up or down” move, works also great in the play mode percussion techniques lanes editor (thank you: I dindt know it was possible there :slight_smile: . Only the selection with the dragging is a little cumbersome.

1 Like

I agree that it would be nice if Select More would be clever enough to select notes belonging to the selected instrument(s)/playing technique(s), and this is something I hope we will be able to implement in future.

4 Likes

:grinning: :+1:

+1 on that. Hope it gets implemented soon.

1 Like

Yes, please! Thank you.

No news on this?

No, indeed not.