Final bar line followed by start repeat line

Hi there! In choral music, if I place at start repeat bar line after a final bar line (Fine), the final bar line disappears. If I put it back, the start repeat bar line disappears. The start repeat bar line is on the next system. Can they both not appear at the same time?
The set up here is: Refrain followed by verses. Some of the verses repeat.

There’s an option in the Repeats section of the Barlines page of Engraving Options allowing you to specify that you want to see a double barline at the end of a system where a start repeat barline appears at the start of the following system.

Ah yes, I’m aware of that option but that does not give me what I need. So this is not possible then. I’ve seen this before in other hymns, so it would be a good option to have in a future version of Dorico.

What about a work around? Is starting a new flow the only answer here?

1 Like

My question would be whether once you stared a flow you could "repeat/D.C., etc. " back to the original flow. If you didn’t care about playback, that might be an option for you.

I’ve got a funky solution.

3 Likes

LOL!!! I’m sitting at my desk laughing and . . . (mmm I think I clapped too). Brilliant Dan! Thanks so much.

1 Like