finally up and runnin after 8 hours--needed windows hotfix

Finally got my two new MR816s running perfectly daisy chained after about 8 hours of trying everything I could think of to get em working correctly. After restoring windows to previous states–reinstalling and uninstalling the old and new mr tools/drivers several times—of course it ended up being an issue with good ole Windows SP3. I could not get any playback from the computer and it ended up being a windows firewire hotfix that needed to be installed before installing any of the MR816 drivers…OF COURSE—(anybody runs into this issue–here’s the windows hotfix you’ll need This hotfix is no longer available - Microsoft Support). After I installed this hotfix and the steinberg software again–everything worked perfect.

That being said—I thank Steinberg for making such a great unit–right now I’m listening to some YES Symphonic with my yahama hs80m monitors hooked up and it sounds spectacular…also just started recording a few instruments and vocals and the preamps and converters do sound great. I’m very glad I picked these units over the many others…

congrats. have fun and good music with it :slight_smile: