Fingering chart for horn

I want to make a fingering chart for hornGrepen F hoorn.pdf (461.9 KB) Is there a way that you can make this with create fingering so that you get 2 lines under/above the notes f and Bb horn. I think the substition fingering is not a good way to do this.

You can add two rows of fingerings by way of alternative fingerings: enter the fingering that should appear on the second row in parentheses, e.g. 1(3), then set Enclosure for alternative fingerings to None, and Placement for alternative fingerings to None.

Ok, but where can I find these settings.fingering and position

They’re under Engraving Options > Fingering > Alternative, Editorial and Cautionary. (NB: since it’s an Engraving Option setting, it’s a Pro-only setting.)

Thnx! But now I have another question. How do I notate in the popover the fingering for the c#(F horn) with 123 So for the second row.Bb-F horn. So the 1st row will be the fingering for horn in Bb en the 2nd row the fingering for horn in F

When you input the fingerings into the popover, put the alternative fingerings into parentheses.

That, I understand. But I’m doing something wrong. On the first row for example I want the fingering 2-3 and on the second row I want fingering 1-2-3. So how do you write this in the popover, because that’s not working in my score.

I don’t believe you can have an alternative fingering that consists of more than one digit, unfortunately.

That was I afraid for. So alternative fingering can’t be used. If you have the fingering 2-3 and want to change it to 1-2-3, than this is not possible. Hopefully Dorico will fix this. Still it stays a great proramm

Alternately, you could try doing something with two lines of lyrics.

1 Like

Yep, you’re right.