Fingering Orders

So Dorico will automatically order fingerings correctly for keyboard instruments which is great, but it seems to treat the harp in the same way, leaving the right hand fingering in the wrong order (on harp the thumb is highest up the instrument by default in both hands, not just the left like with keyboard). Since there doesn’t seem to be a way to change this behaviour manually, could this be patched?

If you click on individual notes, you can attach fingerings to those specifically and they should show in the correct order. The key is to select the specific notes and not rely on the auto stacking feature. In my attached example this fingering makes no sense for a right hand but it’s easily possible.

I’ll add this to the backlog, Chris, to take care of it in future.

1 Like

Thankyou both!

As a side note, I’ve never thought about this issue before… it never occurred to me that harp fingering would be different. It certainly makes sense and it’s a fascinating (to me) little tidbit to learn. #2,485,921 I love this forum.

1 Like

+1 I just came to the same situation entering fingerings for bandoneon. In this case (bandoneon) it would be ideal no to have the automatic order function like in the piano at all and let the user decide, or an option to override the default like in the Figured bass popover.

Thanks for considering
Rafael

1 Like

+1 guess I don’t need to post a new topic :slight_smile: