Firewire hardware/ Windows 11 compatibility?

Why did you choose the M4 over a Steinberg interface? Just curious.

Because I use Cakewalk as well.

1 Like

I did some looking around at the M4, a couple of the Steinberg interfaces, and RME. They all seem great for my current needsā€¦

Thank you all for the input, advice, guidance.

Not sure if this will be of any use to you, but here we go.

I had a very similar issue with a Lexicon I-ONIX U22 V1 with W10 and CB9 albeit a USB driver. Playback stutter, immense crackling, serious latency totally unusable in its current state. It eventually only served me as a volume controller for an M-Audio 1010LT. Three years later and the fix was simply to disable Windows Driver Signature before installing the driver. Been working flawlessly ever since.

Could be worth a try, but make sure you delete the current installed driver, remove the card, log back into Windows, shut the PC down again and reinstall the card. Log back into Windows and go to settings, search for trouble shooting and select change how Windows starts up, on restart, select option 7, once in Windows proceed to install the Driver Software in compatibility mode. Restart the PC and see if there is any change.

Good luck.

Worth a try - Iā€™ll let you knowā€¦ Thanks.

I checked the settings, and searched for ā€œTroubleshootingā€ but nothing came up for ā€œchange how Windows starts upā€

Screenshot below:

Click settings in start menu
Click Update & Security
Click Recovery
Under " Advanced Start-up " Read the description and when your ready, click Restart Now.

You will immediately be greeted with a blue screen " Choose an Option. Select " Troubleshoot " then select" Advanced options ". Here, you will be greeted with further options, click on " Start-up Settings ( Change Windowsā€™ start-up behaviour ) ". On the following screen, option five " Disable driver signature enforcement ". Press " Restart ". When your PC restarts, select option 5 that will disable Windows Driver Enforcement, when in Windows, let the PC finish loading relevant services and then proceed with your driver installation.

Not saying this is a cert, but it worked and still works for me. W10 21H2.

Bare in mind Windows 11 may be a different option other than option 5.

Good luck

OK. Thanks.

Update: I reverted to the original factory reset with Windows 10 so I am going to this and all the other suggestions again, but in Win 10 to rule out the issue with Windows 11. If it doesnā€™t work then Iā€™ll know it wasnā€™t just a Win 11 issue.

Hi,
Iā€™ve done some preliminary testing and it all seems to be working properly in Windows 10 on the new Lenovo PC. At first, I was skeptical because when I clicked the ā€œTestā€ button i n the Windows 10 System Audio settings the tone played but was distorted and glitchy like before but when I played music on youtube and my media player, the audio is crystal clear. I guess Iā€™ll keep it in Windows 10 and skip the Win 11 upgrade.

In the Echo Control Panel, I have the buffer currently set to 320 samples/ 6.7 msec. Iā€™m afraid to move it in case it causes issue but will if you all think I should

Also, will I run into problems eventually if I do not upgrade to Win 11?

Thanks for readingā€¦

I started with the instructions on the links from MrSoundman and a

Win 10 will be supported for many years, and win 11 is only a preview, not finished.
Also win 11 is very demanding of the hardware and your computer does need to be relatively new (younger then 3 years if I remember correctly, to meet the security demands). So I think win 10 will be around for quit a while, at least oct. 2025, but it will still work after that of course.