First Day Cubase 7 Impressions..

That won’t happen, as editors are separate from child windows and are not child objects.

Installed fine today. I am trying to open Cubase 7 and it is stalling during the start up screen trying to load Video Player. It won’t open from there. I have a big PC. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with i7 processor and 16 gigs of ram. Any ideas on why it is stalling at this point. Thanks!

Maybe make a new thread?

re Asio delay compensation

I think because I don’t use any processing plugins as I write the MIDI parts and run my RME card at 32 buffers I’m not getting any delay.

Now I understand, makes sense if your using plugins and higher buffers, guess we all use our systems differently.

Thanks for the replies and explanations.

tmy

Resizing of knobs in channel strip is pretty lame. When make the mixer very narrow the buttons just cover each other. Very unprofessional. Looks like a mess.

I tested stability of audio engine and capacity.

I put almost whole channel strip + EQ on mono audio channel and duplicated it 57 times. Shifted audio tracks, fiddled with knobs etc.

No 3rd paty plug-ins, just Cubase channel strip and EQ with just 1 reverb plug in on send.

The configuration is : not-so-young dual athlon PC (2core) 3ghz + Win 8 64bit.

I was impressed by lacking of CPU spikes and drops. Very stabile and strong. And we have to know, this is X.0.0 verzion. Of course there are bugs (the machine crashed after touch group channel volume slider) .

I think Steinberg did a great job on upgrading Cubase. They have to resolve VSTi installation issues ASAP.

Personally, I don’t like the new mixer and the new super dark theme. I can see some great potential in the mixer from a functionality perspective but I can’t help feeling like Steinberg really should hire a professional graphics designer to have a look at the aesthetics. In particular readability.

Havent really had too much time but what I have had Im VERY happy! Mixer is gonna take a bit of getting used to but overall I really like it. The zoom and ability to hide/show whatever you want, link, copy etc is awesome. I have 2 27" monitors which makes a big difference mind you. Gonna give me some issues on the 13" laptop tho! I love the A/B for all plugins. List could go on! Overall this a huge update and dont really have many negatives. Bounce in place and C7 has everything I could want :mrgreen:

Ok, I have been using the mixer and cubase for about 10 hours now! almost straight! and the mixer and cubase 7 is just brilliant.

there is only 1 issue with the mixer… and that is the inserts readability. apart from that it’s incredible! … heres a tip I just found!.. you can expand out the visibity window to show track colours, track type + track numbers! that makes it 10x more usable!

I put my entire track into 1 folder called ‘Song’ then i put channels i never want to see into a folder called ‘junk’ that way i can show all the song tracks at once with 1 click and not have to worry about showing channels I never want to see

Cant seem to get my CC-QC EQ working, please tell me I’m doing something wrong (although worked like a dream in CB6.5) - the dedicated 8 buttons that supposed to auto turn to EQ adjusters errr dont adjust anything they stay unlit. :frowning:

Attached file

this is how i have my window Layout!.. this works well for me!

How do you do this? Cant seem to figure it out :confused:

1. Add group to selected channel is great, but it apears not after channels but in old group folder :frowning: You need to move that group in right place manualy.
  2. Mixer doesn’t remember my layouts (its a known bug).
  3. There is no longer VSTi instruments like Monologue.

Is there option to allways on this button ?

yes in preferances under recording / midi i think

I can now see faders, sends, inserts, routing, and EQ curve in the mixer at the same dam time! Its so beautiful it almost brings a tear to the eye :laughing:

On mac pro, old 2008, latest OSX 10.8.2

1. Downloaded fine, installed easily, authorized no issues
  2. after install repaired permissions and re booted
  3. set it to run in 64 bit
  4. did initial scan, keeps saying “choose waves 8 folder” which i dont use, i use waves 9 now, so i click ignore
  5. Loaded fine and

WOW, it looks SOOOOOOO nice, the pics and vids do NOT do it justice! the mixer window is beautiful. and it stretches my whole 24 inch dell monitor!!! FINALLY and its so powerful and tweakable

1. loaded up my last 6.5 project fine! and i did some recording!

at 128 buffer i recorded beautifully on a project loaded with plugs! and at 256 was mixing with tons of waves plugs and ozone 5 advanced, kramer tape and waves NLS on the master

NO GLITCHING! hooray, thats gone

N12 worked perfectly

Eucon perfect!

i keep waiting for a gotcha, but so far recording, mixing and partial mastering and all plugs work fine

dabbled with the different views, and the new channel strips but didnt dig in to far

it runs better, no glitching for me, and it looks SO NICE

wow

and i am NOT a fanboy, and i LEFT cubase before, and i have DP 8, PT 9, Logic 9, Reaper, and S1 2.5 right next to it and its by far the best overall, best looking now, and has the best content

gotta learn asio guard, vari audio 2 more, and check out the other stuff

but man, just so damn impressed.

Aloha t,
Good to hear.

Especially:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No probs with the Mac’s hidden/disappearing top menu bar?
Here is a thread about it:

Other than that, this sounds like good news all around.

Mahalo for the post.
{‘-’}

HEy

N12 and no glitching! whoo hoo

yes the n12 is fine, light is ON!

not sure about the dissapearing menu bar.

i haven’t dug into it real far. i was just thrilled to get where i did and have it work so well and LOOK SO GREAT!

not sure about the dissapearing menu bar.

No worries. Seems to have been sorted.

Might be a prob with some folks trying to use C7 and Snow Leopard (10.6.8)

{‘-’}