Fix: Audio interruption due to USB error is detected. (Windows)

doesn’t work. there is no BIOS settings mentioned in step 3. Beside that if the Secure Boot is enabled, so it means that PC boot in Windows UEFI mode by default.

and yes I will do blame steinberg in this problem. I got 3 different PCs and problem experienced on each one and still not gonna be solved

1 Like

You are wrong… UEFI bios and UEFI secure are 2 diffrent things

When the UEFI Secure Boot feature is active, a UEFI BIOS will only boot cryptographically signed boot loaders whose certificates are stored in the BIOS code. It is possible that your Yamaha driver is blocked because it is not stored as a certificate in your bios and is therefore blocked by secure boot.

Can you try this?
Secure boot: Disable
Boot mode: Legacy+eufi

I really want to help you.

this is the first I’ve tried - doesn’t help

My BIOS has no settings like this. I work on the newest Lenovo Legion and the BIOS is very minimalistic

really appreciate that. thank you

1 Like

@dondawell This is what I have tried to say to you, please be aware of this fact when you post.

1 Like

I’ve just tried that on desktop (it has more BIOS settings) = unfortunately problem still here.
It has OS type selection settings but there is an next options - other OS, Windows 8, Windows 8whql

1 Like

@steve yeah you are right, did the edit in the post.

This might be helpful for those whose BIOS has the options listed, unfortunately this is not the case for all systems. If you don’t see some of those options… Then just skip it and finish the ones you see in your bios.

@stalevar as we spoke in the private chat about more sollutions… i think there is someting broken in your soundcard or there is software related problems in windows that we cannot fix… you did your best!
You can considder to return it for a repair i think…

Goodluck!

Hello, how did you manage to find this ??? It works perfectly for me, I’ve logged on the website only to thank you because you have saved my day !!!

1 Like

Thanks! i’m glad this post helped you.
I’ve learned from the past… and did a week research & testing.

I did also a post on Redit because it helped others :slight_smile: makes me happy! keep sharing.

1 Like

For me it was only changing the UEFI mode in the bios to Windows UEFI. :grinning:

1 Like

@Dogan_Ozturk reported that:

• There was this “ NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device ” and I disabled it. I have no problems since then even I push my laptop to 98% cpu usage there is no more drops.

Advice: Check which audio device you have enabled in: Windows → sound settings (disable any driver here except the Yamaha/steinberg/UR series)

Hello everyone!
My system worked correctly until I changed the graphics card to a new model. After i changed it i get “Audio interruption usb error is detected” Then it works just when XCHI mode is disabled and it means that my sistem use only usb 2.0 and in this case cubase progects which consist heavy vst instrument or plugins work much more unstable compared usb 3.0

It is exactly not graphic card issues because i tried two different model of graphic card. But all things worked correctly before i changed it. And here is more interesting thing: last time when i change my graphic card (and returned it back to the store the next day) i used another audio interface, it let me think that this issues have more misterious nature than just audio uncopability. It seems like a whole system architectures issue.

Anybody have some idea about this case and how can i fix it?

2 Likes

hello ,i have same problem , it was working perfectly before i changed the Graphic card from 2080ti to 3080ti. I wonder how is this happens

1 Like

This was my view until recently.

It turns out that Yamaha in Japan supplies the drivers and apparently they do things at there own pace. Not encouraging in the least.

Just run into this problem. Never had it before, and I record with UR242 for several years already. I changed nothing in my system. I was recording, and for several hours everything was ok as usual, but suddenly the sound on the input device started to interrupt, I went to hardware settings and see this error. Do I really need to perform all the procedures described above??? I hardly understand what is written there :slight_smile: Seems to be too complex solution.

Hi serqent, welcome back to the Steinberg forums. Sorry to read you’re having issues with your UR.

Are you still having issues?

What Yamaha USB Driver version are you using?

Have you upgraded any drivers or software recently?

Are you using a dedicated USB 2.0 port.

Is your Power Plan, set to Maximum Performance?

What are the odds for Turbo Boost to cause connection issues with hardware devices ??
This lowers the CPU frequency by about 2 GHz on most high end CPUs. You lose over 30% performance by doing this. That’s clearly not recommended.

The best things to tweak are indeed to set the mobo to UEFI for maximum compatibility, enable XHCI, update the USB driver, and disable USB suspend in the OS.

All other power management options have no impact on this, and I say this from experience.
Neither SpeedStep/Speed Shift, C-States, Turbo Boost, nor any other CPU option makes a difference in CPU latency or connectivity problems. I have all of these enabled on my system and have never had a single issue.

At least that’s the case since I no longer use a Steinberg interface.

That’s a simple fact : This weird USB connection issue only happens with Steinberg’s audio interfaces, and has only started occurring since 2020. A quick search shows it. So there’s definitely something wrong with the Steinberg/Yamaha driver and/or hardware. It’s been almost 3 years and they didn’t even manage to fix it properly, even after several updates. Sometimes things are improved partially, but new issues are introduced with every update. They seem to be stuck into an endless loop, and they’ll never make it out unless they finally decide to rewrite the driver from the start.

Sorry but that’s the truth, If you read out this forum, you’ll find out that Steinberg’s hardware is giving trouble to a lot of people, not just a few users here and there. And surprisingly, those who are using hardware from other brands don’t have these issues, I mean they don’t have to tweak the CPU and power management settings to make it work.

5 Likes

Switching XHCI to manual and changing “Other OS” to Windows 8/10, seems to have cured it for me.

But I believe it was just changing the XHCI, as I changed the OS type first and it made no difference.

GIGABYTE X99 ULTRA GAMING, 6950x, EVGA GTX 980 TI.

Thanks dondawell.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

same problem here. I tried fixing it with all the steps possible to me. Didn’t work.
Now I noticed that when I unplug my Asus Laptop so it runs on battery, the error is gone and it runs smoothly.
Anybody got an idea how to fix it so I can also use the interface while charging the laptop?
Thanks!

Glad this worked for you!

1 Like

Man I have fought a war on this for so long now! And the fix wa so damn simple on my behalf. Jeez.

So,I had to plug in the usb in a 2.0 port closest to the motherboard and change the setting in Cubase to 2.0 instead of the superspeed 3.1.

That’s it. Let me know if this helped!