Ah, but the method you’re using would work of course, i think Martin’s asking if the import again is necessary, as i too have never NEEDED to take that additional step. And if you tried without importing, the same would be true also i’m sure.
I’ve set up 4 different machines with their own generic controllers and never once needed to import the mapping, but i do this odd thing of unselecting the remote and then selecting it again before applying/ok the dialog - but i think that’s out of sheer paranoia than a necessity… But maybe that is helping them to save, and perhaps importing is helping you. I really don’t know!
Bottom line is, we’re all in the same boat and this should be fixed without excuses - it’s a killer for anyone setting up a controller,first time it happened to me i lost heart and didn’t want to have to set up my own mappings again… But i did… And then again, i lost it all. It was only after it happened to me the third time that i read online about the bug. I’ve lost 5-6 hours easily with those bugs, and it’s got to the point where experienced users accept it, yet there’s probably hundreds out there that aren’t aware of the bug and think it’s themselves doing something wrong, and never say a word about it.