[FIXED] Been setting up Generic Remote for hours, did a reboot, and everything disappeared!!

and that’s a very high possibility with 10.5.10 - so stick to plan A

Cubase do not offer encoder-support for different modes other then the two mentioned in the Generic Remote manual: absolute and relative.
What we (as users) need, is to have more options on this.
How a proper encoder support should look like, is shown here: Binding Jump Prevention and Relative (Rotary) Encoder Support - Cantabile - Software for Performing Musicians

A 69$ DAW that gives me three options just for relative mode alone and even with options for rotary scaling (encoder behaves different with acceleration of rotating). A DAW that cost a 1/10 of Cubase Pro.

I have a Mackie C4 Pro here, a once 1300$ controller, that you still can not use in Cubase, not even in Generic Remote, where i am basically left with encoders that are only partially working. A 1300$ unit that can not use LED Rings, LCDs displays or digital 14bit encoders. Guys… that is a joke.

Generic Remote is so old, i would rather start with Atari ST and Cubase. On that platform it is all about MIDI and not bilnking LEDs, colors or eucalyptus fader announcements. Seriously, just look what Cubase installs for that Euphoria controllers. That is a clusterfuckfolder mess on your PC. It will come the time, where after a update every folderstructure will start with either VST or Steinberg.

But that will be a time, where i turned my back to Cubase long time before.